Saturday, May 19, 2012

Johnstown PA, May 7th 1956

Mrs Gini (redacted)
4919 Westway Dr.
Washington D.C.

Mon 5 PM

Sweetheart - Boy am I  fit to be tied. This damned place is closed on Mondays and nobody comes near it. I know for sure that your mail must have reached here by now bu I'm a S.O.B. if I know how the hell to get at it. It would certainly help me if I could read one of your dear  notes Honey. Guss I'll have to go back to some of the old ones.

Al took off for Waynesboro rather early I guess, and when I got up  he was gone. I took a shower and then when I got back to my room Buddy was gone. Then I went to breakfast and now here I am back at the room. I hope to x!&%  I hope  he comes back, as I'll be damned if I relish spending this nite alone

-2-

in this dump. I would have liked to take a ride to Pittsburg and look it over but I don't have any desire to do so alone. If my kitten was only here and I could only hold her in my arms for a while!

They're cutting down on the shows here next week. They're only going to have acts on Saturday nits for a while. They fired the sheff yesterday too, I guess the place is on the verge of insolvency. Pray they'll  have the loot to pay us off every week. Oh well, if they don't I guess I can  always pack down to Washington till the storm passes. I'll write more later.

Your very own- 
Norm   X

No comments:

Post a Comment