Saturday, May 19, 2012

Washington D.C. May 7th 1956

Norman (redacted)
c/o The Buddy Rocco 3
The Mell O Dee Club
209 Franklin St.
Johntown, PA

Sunday 11:30 AM

HI my Dearest Angel,

What a beautiful, beautiful day. It's  warm and bright and the birds are singing. I'm having my  breakfast on the patio while I write. I have on charcoal grey shorts & light grey blouse with a yellow sweater- what a silly girl I am sure you aren't interested in  what I'm wearing. Mother is digging in her flowers & Daddy is  washing  his car- a nice peaceful Sunday Morning with just the Harveys around. I wish there was one Norman Elliott to make my happiness complete.

I have more work to do darling- Making money like crazy- No- it's just a telephone survey tonight- after Ed Sullivan Show- I have to call almost 50 people at random out of the phone book and ask them if they saw the commercials, etc. I've done several of these before four Young & Rubicam. After you do so many you automatically get a pay increase- I should be about due. This month my payment will be considerably less as one of  the big jobs (you know the one with all the maps) is only done twice a year.

-2-

Tomorrow I have a busy schedule- We vote  for the first time in Md.  My first time to vote as I was living in D. C. when I was 21 and never got home at the right time to register.

Then I have to deliver my work to Mrs Hines & Elaine is coming for lunch Aunt Cathy & Connie- and I have a (unreadable) wash to do. I don't think the day will be long enough for everything.

Gimme a kiss Darling X. Hold me tight-take my breath away- I miss you- I love to talk to you sweetheart. I wish I was rich so we could have a direct line- we would never get anything done would we? Perry Como sang The Rosary last night and I cried. " the hours  I spend with you, dear heart, are but a string of pearls to me" My darling- 16 more days until I can hold you close.

Monday-12:30

Sweetheart,

Just finished reading your letter, except that it was a little cool, I loved it.It's so much better when I can talk to you Angel. You always say the right things.

-3-

I'm so glad  you got your check cashed without any more trouble- I meant to ask you Sat when I called, but I got carried away as usual.

It's a dismal, showery day here, cool, and real sticky. I've been over to Hines to deliver my survey this morning. I am waiting for Elaine to arrive. She didn't even tell me when- maybe she won't come- I hope- I've been cleaning closets and arranging summer clothes- wish I had some new ones. Can't afford them- Have to vote yet today. Nothing on for this eve. I have some paperwork to do that will keep me occupied.

We are invited to a birthday party for a friend of ours Wed. night and as much as I like the crowd I don't feel like going they are my best friends and I hate to have to pretend in front of them.

Yesterday afternoon, Dad, Mother and I, took a friend of Daddy's to the airport to catch a plane back to Milwaukee- He was here for some shrine doings and it was all I could do to keep from hopping on that little ole Allegheny Airlines to you. We went into the cocktail lounge for some beer/wine and it was

-4-

sitting right under the window waiting to take off. It's a good thing  I left my money home or I would have been there, as is, without a change of clothes. We got home  about 7:30 and I had time to eat before Ed Sullivan. Bob was too busy waxing the car to go along- who needs it.

I hope things are going more smoothly for you dear- is the show running more smoothly?  When they leave will there be another show? Give me the scoop Darling.

Did you go to Pittsburg today? How I wish I was with you. I wish you were as close as Al is to Waynesboro for one.

Please pick a better ending for your letters Darling- I'm far form an old girl. Maybe I seem like one, but I can assure you I don't feel like one.

King Cole sang "Little Girl" on Sullivan's show last nite. I wish you felt  like that about me-

I'll be looking for your next letter Angel- I love you

                                                   Your,
                                                           Kitten





No comments:

Post a Comment