Friday, November 11, 2011

Hagerstown, Md April 11, 1956

Mrs. Gini (redacted)
4919 (redacted) Drive
Washington 16 D.C.
Wed. 1P.M
My dearest little Gini kitten-
     Your tender note arrived today I must answer you immediately. Every delicious, exciting, affectionate moment came back to me as I read. Every caress and look recalled- Every embrace relived. 
     I'm getting a little afraid to write Honey. One of these days one of my notes is going to be intercepted or your cache is going to be discovered and then we'll be up the proverbial creek if we can manage a system of phone calls I think it would be a lot safer. But on the other hand I 

2

look forward to your letters and there is no problem at this and as far as discovery is concerned. By the way, I have quite a stack already.
    Today Buddy and I went over and picked up our Md. drivers permits. That makes me almost a resident of this fair state. Ha! and why not? My stay here has been the greatest and it looks even more interesting since the first day of this week! 
     I have an appointment this Sun. sweetie to have my tax straightened out. A friend of Al's who lives in Silver Spring is an accountant by day and a musician by night. He's in a position to know everything which is peculiar to the musician's tax problem. So I am going to let him put me square with uncle. I told the cat that I'd see him late Sun. afternoon so- if I should happen to get in town fairly early Sun. morn. and you could go for a morning constitutional say up and down Western Ave toward Wisconsin

3

Ave. as far as the hot shop on the corner. Any time we can spend together delightful- regardless. 
     You'll probably get this Thurs. afternoon. Why don't you call me on Sat. morning? Call as early as you please. If I was certain of where you'd be doll, I'd call you but until we can work something out you call me.
     Sorry you got cross examined when you got home. You apparently made excellent time. I felt that turning back the trip was useless. He must really care to be so concerned about you. Sometimes I feel like a heel or a criminal but- some things Gini we must have, whatever the 

4

cost or consequence.
     Buddys friend has invited Al and me to join them for dinner tonight.We'll probably go to the elks and have a steak. They have very nice ones. She's making quite a stay of it. I think she's staying til tomorrow sometime. 
     Well baby, I'm going to cut out now and get something to eat.(I haven't had a bite yet today) I'm going to read your letter once more and then go to the post office and then back by way of the restaurant.
     Al just came in from Waynesboro. He had a date with a gal over there and this is the second time she's stood him up. Poor boy! He's fit to be tied. Don't you ever stand me up. Willya huh?
     Again kitten, so long til I hear from you. Take care of yourself and remember, the best line to give your tormentors, is "go to hell!"
Your lover,
            Norm
     .

No comments:

Post a Comment