Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Washington DC, April 19 1956

Mr. Norman (redacted)
c/o the Buddy Rocco 3
the Colonial
Hagerstown, Md
Still - Wednesday 
4:45 P.M.

Norman darling,
     Why are you so much on my mind today. I feel as though I want to talk to you-but I just mustn't make another phone call. I wonder what you are doing now and if maybe you are thinking of me.
     I went out this afternoon to try to work but the owner of the agency I called on was out for the day- so I went over to Conn. Ave. to pay a bill and called Mrs. W. about 2:30- I stopped in to see her a minute and she had been in to see Bob this morning and he already told her you had been down. I was slightly in the dog-house because I hadn't told her first. She was very disappointed that you didn't even call her. I explained how rushed you were. I also told her maybe if you got down this Saturday we could get together- I told her you might be through here to return my book-(ha) She wanted me to write  and ask you to drive to Baltimore with us Sunday to see her parents for a little while & then she would take us out to dinner

2

somewhere on the way back- Does that sound too bad?- We could be together a little while-& it would ease her pain- that none of you give a damn about her. She was talking about vacation too- as Bob mentioned that you said you would look around for a place. It might help the cause a little. Give me your views when I call Sat. Dearest one. 
     From there I went to Peake Buick & had a hose replaced in the front and that took almost an hour & while I was sitting in the waiting room- my mind was traveling the miles to you- I was singing to myself and oh how I love those quiet moments when no-one is around to interrupt my thoughts- I relived all our beautiful moments together. Then I came right home and here I am- telling you everything I did. Until tomorrow my darling- I'll add a few more lines and put this in the mail- I'm going to re-read your letter for already the 6th time today- 
thurs-9:45 AM
Good morning darling,
     I can't explain why but I feel blue this morning. Are you O.k.? I'm sure

3

you are still sound asleep- I couldn't get to sleep last night- I wanted to love you  & hold you & kiss you and try to take away some of the worry & discouragement you wrote in your letter. 
     I'm writing this in bed so if it doesn't look like the same writing- that's why- come close to me dearest- let me hold your head to my breast- and kiss your beautiful hair- oh what's the use- I can't wait to see you.
     I hope you will consider going to Baltimore with us Sun. & spending the night at our house.- then Monday morning we could take off to our own little heavenly world. Bob said last night it would be swell if you would & to be here by 3PM sunday as his mother gets off then & we would leave around that time. I'm so selfish Norm- I don't want a single moment to be lost-It will be an eternity until I see you again and  my darling I don't want to share you with anyone. Besides it will save money for meals and a room. Bob knows I'm writing you this letter inviting you so there-
     Last night I finished the portrait and despite how badly it was started

4

my critics were pleased with the finished product.-
     I must get up & dressed & be ready to take off as soon as R. gets home as I must finish off those darn car dealers today.- I would rather take off for Hagerstown!!!! Then tomorrow I start another one in Bethesda- Grocery stores-I don't know where she gets all this stuff- but she's sure throwing a lot of it my way. I will call you either Sat. morning around 9 AM or in the afternoon around 4. I can hardly keep from calling now- but I will.
     Darling please say you'll  spend your last week-end as close to me as you can. I wont ever ask you to do anything again. I love you and that in itself is almost more than I can stand. Well- guess I  had better stop now & get busy- I have a lonely, blue, depressed feeling to work off today- If you were only here to help me- I need you- I love you
Your
         Gini
    

No comments:

Post a Comment