Thursday, November 3, 2011

Washington DC , March 22,1956

Mr Norman (redacted)
C/o the Buddy Rocco 3
The Colonial Hotel
Hagerstown, Md.

Wednesday-

My Darling,

     If you only knew how much I need you . You are so strong and good. I never needed anything more in y life than just to hear your voice this morning.It calmed and steadied me when the ache in my heart was almost unbearable.
     Sweetest one- I don't mean to sound sexy- I hope you want more from me than that-I have plenty of that to give you, but oh so much more. We mustn't let the little things that mean so much to both of us  become oer shadowed with this awful longing to possess each other. Be slow, be gentle Norman, as I know you can be. We have our whole life ahead of us. We can't think of all the years we've wasted we must build something good and sincere. I want to find out just as you do- if it will be lasting- if it's the answer to our longing to be loved completely.
2

     We both need someone who understands, someone who is unselfish & will go all the way. Not just give of ourselves what little we want to.
     I'm all yours completely- that's the way I am. I always give more than I receive- I always have. If you are the one person that wants me that way - nothing will ever be too much to ask. All I want is a full measure in return. I know you have as much stored up in you as I do. My dearest believe me I'll never hurt you.
     I've tried to give my everything to Bob- he doesn't want it. He only wants to be the lord and master. I know he takes pleasure in seeing me beg-even for a kiss. I've cried for just something as small as that & he tells me I'm crazy. I know now I've been a complete fool. Believe me after 9 years of it, I'll never beg again, never- can you believe that- its pretty hard to think anyone could be so cruel, but it's true. Do you understand how I feel? Norman, I am not begging you to love me- (there is something between us that is beautiful- I feel it. What it is and how we work it out only time will tell.)

3

     I've never been able to talk to anyone before and feel as tho' you understand. I can't tell you how I feel- I'm calm-I'm not fighting it anymore, this terrible longing to be loved. I feel as tho' I am on the threshold of something big. Do you feel it?
     Please Norman, tell me if I am being too presumptuous. Be honest with me, always.I've been lied  to and deceived so long I'm afraid to trust anyone. If I could just reach out and touch your face, I would know if I were being a fool.
     My mother is so concerned my darling, but she understands. She likes you very much. We will never be hurt by her.I can't say that about Bob's mother, she is treacherous-believe me-She is trying to make me jealous of you- I know you are too fine a person to ever be in the position she would like to get you. Please, Please, - before you ever spend another night with her- stay here! No matter how you feel- there I've said more than I should. I had better  stop before it's too late-

I love you body and soul Norman. I can't wait to hear from you.

Your,
Gini


Thursday-

Dearest,

     I can't remember if I told you I work almost two  weeks out of every month on a National Audit. I thought I had better give you my schedule so you wouldn't call me and find me out- I start tomorrow morn. about 9 am- home 3 pm. Home Sat. all day (Bob works)- Sun. morning (golf date) Monday out from 9:30 to 4 p.m.- Tues.- I hope to be home in the morning-should say I will be- I'll make my appointments in the afternoon. Wed. work  9 am. to 4- Thurs. safe after 12 noon. Fri. Home etc.Then starting the 2nd- I'll be working  8 stores all over the city- This means I could possibly meet you half way one day between the 2nd & 6th. If you really want me to I will have the car without question on those days & think I could manage it.
     Mrs. W. has cooled off considerably & if she doesn't hear from his highness Buddy- our little trip up to see you Wed. which was progressing nicely, will probably fall through. I don't know how I'll stand it-not being able to see you that short while but life goes on unfortunately. You will just have to spend a week-end with us- I know  bob doesn't suspect and we could have so much time- "Getting to Know You" Play "Tenderly" for me. & "Love is a many Splendored Thing".

I  do love you Norman-More than you will ever know- You opened the door to heaven & I'm so afraid it will slam shut on me.

Your own,
Gini

No comments:

Post a Comment