Sunday, November 6, 2011

Washington DC, April 2, 1956

Mr. Norman (redacted)
c/o the Buddy Rocco 3
Hagerstown, Md

Monday 1 P.M.

Dearest Norm,

     I can't tell you how much I loved my letter. I've read it every day since. I was afraid you were mad at me because I was so upset.
     I've thought about you so much this week-end. Hoping things went well and then again- Hoping you thought of me just a little. There I go being selfish again.
     I was hoping you would come through Washington on your way back-Wishful thinking I know.
     Buddy is stopping to see Mrs. W. today. I wish I was that lucky.
     Wednesday is drawing closer darling and you must know how anxious I am- also- how frightened too.You said I would know soon enough if you weren't pleased. I've never done anything like this before and it's on my mind constantly. I hope I don't get lost, the car doesn't break down-I make you happy- all sorts of things. If the weather is real bad we will have to postpone it darling- I must be home by 5 or shortly after. It's such a long way- I want to spend every second I can with you. You will probably get there before I do, so wait for me my darling. I hope to get away no later than 8:45 possibly 8:30- I'm not very gootd at lying sweetheart.

2

That will be the hardest part.
     Today I did a big washing and no work- my schedule is very heavy- I'm trying my best to work it out-so I'll have my work in by the deadline.
     We are planning on your spending next week-end here. Please my angel don't let me down. Every moment we have is precious and so few & far between. I have so much to tell you- so much love to give you.
     I must stop now and get back to work- and get this in the mail so you will have it toorrow- If there is any change- call me tues. around 5pm or  Wed morning by 8:30. Until Wednesday my darling I love you with all my heart-

Your own,
                Gini

No comments:

Post a Comment