Sunday, November 6, 2011

Washington DC, April 7, 1956

Mr. Norman (redacted)
c/o the Buddy Rocco 3
The Colonial
Hagerstown, Md.
Just after the phone call
 Fri

My Darling,
     It is always wonderful to talk to you- Your voice does things to me- and oh the things you say- You are so sweet Norman- Nothing anyone can say will shake my opinion of you-and nothing-no-nothing will change the way I feel. I could talk to you so much better- Norman- it's hard for me to express some things, that are deep inside, on paper. You are the only one that understands me completely in less than 2 hrs. of knowing me. Yes - my darling I am unbalanced. The kind of affection you have offered me is something I've never known. You've thrown me for a loop.
     I've just had a phone call from one of my co-workers and missed getting this in the mail my darling. I'll have it ready for the late afternoon pick-up so you'll have it tomorrow. - I should be working my sweet, but you are more important to me than money- more important than anything. They just sang "No Not Much" on TV- I like the part- "Do I want my arms around you, No, not much"- I really do Norman- I can hardly wait to feel their strength as you hold me close- Every song I hear seems to have a whole new meaning. You asked me once how much I love you- So much darling-More than the stars that fill the sky, more than the endless waves in the ocean- it knows no bounds- it's yours for the taking. You say it is a strong word- I agree-I only hope and pray someday you  will know the meaning of love- and when you do Norman-  I hope all the deep feeling I have will be yours. I know it will never be me but please know whatever happens I'll always be the same. You awakened feelings in me that I never knew- You can keep them alive  my darling or you can lock them all up inside me again- to keep for you.
     Elaine just called and is on her way here with her work for me to check- I'll have to hide this for a short time-
     Hi again angel- She spent the whole darn afternoon- It is now almost 5:30- Play sweet Norman- I wish I could hear you.
     It is pouring rain and gloomy out - I hope I can get a chance to mail this today-I want you to have it tomorrow-I'm going to close now and dive into the work or I'll be up away after midnight- I'll be waiting for your call Sunday just to hear your sweet voice-and Monday- I'll be in your arms kissing you with all my heart-  Until then remember I love you & think of me.
Your own
               Gini

No comments:

Post a Comment