Saturday, November 5, 2011

Washington DC, March 29, 1956

Mr Norman (redacted)
c/o the Buddy Rocco 3
the Colonial Hotel
Hagerstown, Md
Thurs. 3:30
Dearest Norman,

     It's such a dismal, rainy, cold day here. I just got home from work. I'm so tired wish I could curl up in your arms and be loved. I'm so disappointed- no letter- and you promised.
     While I was working today- all the music in the store was guitar- so pretty & I couldn't keep my mind on what I was doing. It will probably be all fouled up.
     I drove past the river-where they have the Watergate concerts in the summer and thought how nice it would be to be able to share one with you- on a summer night- under a moon. Holding your hand, looking at the stars and listening to the music. There are so many things I would like to share with you- walks in the park- reading a good book together- here I go- off on a tangent again- 
     Last eve. I went over to Mrs. W.s and we cried on each others shoulder. She talked to Buddy & he said it was snowing up there- I'd like to be snow bound with you!!!! She is really crazy about him. I got slightly tight before dinner & she did too- we almost took off & came up to spend the night- She said to tell you- when you come down to spend the week-end with us- she would give you & I the keys to her apt so we could be alone- How about that?!  I got home about 10:15 so tired and still a little 

2
tight- Bob was here- he decided that I should go to bed since I hadn't had any sleep & he would go over to the toddle house for a hamburger. He came home at 4 AM - oh well- who cares! He was still asleep when I left this morning- it looks as though he wants to go his way without me. That suits me fine- as I haven't told him anything I've decided yet.
     My darling- please forgive me for calling you yesterday? I know you think I'm  a damn fool. I know neither my letter or phone call made any sense to you. Try to understand- if you can. Believe me Norman. I love you and you are the most important thing that's ever happened to me. I've read and re-read my two little dog eared letters  from you so many times- I'm living for the moment when I can give myself to you completely- if that's all I ever get from this life- just having the privelege of belonging to the one I truly love even for a few short hours- is so much more than most people have in a whole lifetime. You will make my life complete and all my dreams come true- I'm going to have faith- My fortune in the paper today said so- I always read yours too- 
     Don't ever have my handwriting analyzed-  darling- you might find out all sorts of awful things- it's so stinky- I'm surprised you can read it.
     Hope you still think of me- do you Norman?- Can I stow away in your guitar case too?- You will have to buy a bigger one to carry these letters around you know- This is one of the worst times of the day-

3

when I sit down to write to you- I try to pretend you are talking to me- anyway I feel as though I'm talking to you-then I do go on! 
     Then my favorite time is when I go to bed- I close my eyes and you are there- holding me, kissing me----------------------------------------------and so into bliss---------------oh Norman- it will only be 6 days from now-does it seem like a long time to you. 
     All the way to Hagerstown the other night- I felt as if we were Crawling and it took hours- that's the way I'll feel all the way to Frederick hope I don't get arrested- then going home- the miles between us rolled by much too fast. If I could just push that little button & be there or you here- WOWEE----------
     You are my dream-Mr. wonderful- I want you so much-please my sweet answer my letter soon. if you plan to come through Wash. on the way to Jersey let me know you can park you car here & I'll take you to the train- then i'll pick you up on Monday- I would love to see you even for 5 minutes. Be careful driving and have a nice time- Give your little sweetie a kiss for me, think of me- I miss you so.

so very "tenderly" yours
                  Your
                      Gini

No comments:

Post a Comment