Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Washington DC, April 20, 1956

Mr. Norman W. (redacted)
C/o The buddy Rocco 3
The Colonial
Hagerstown, MD
Thursday
4:50-
My Dearest Norm,
     Received your letter today and I can't tell you how glad  I was. It was wonderful- Wat do you mean spiel interestingly? If you just write about the weather I think I would get your message- Your letters mean so much to me- Next to you they are the most.
     Last night as I was helping mother put diner on the table I was singing-( I do a lot of that anymore) "A fool am I, a fool am I, in love" & she giggled at me and said "you nut". I know she is happy that you have brought so much joy to me. She said she  hasn't heard  me sing like that since before I was married. My darling - you have made me very happy. I know there are and will be many moments of unhappiness, longing, even despair in the future, but the happiness I feel just thinking about you- how sweet & wonderful you are soon dims any lost feelings I have.Why borrow trouble worrying about the future? What is to be will be and I only want to be happy in my love for you.
     I contacted 2 Gen'l Mgrs today& car agencies and sorry- no passes- Joke baby-

-2-

 who needs them- Besides I'm not the the type men make passes at- I have one more to call on tomorrow & I hope I'm through again- I may  not even do the store deal. It only pays peanuts- and incidentally I need more than that. The fatal phone bill arrived today-Yikes- 30.09 in calls to my darling and I might add- worth every penny & more. I've tucked 20.00 away toward it& hope & pray my next check arrives before the rest of the calls come in. Maybe we had better work out a system- I'll never save enough money for that trailer this way (I'm only kidding darling, don't tell me off)
    I want to dance wit chu- too my sweet- and that ain't all - can you guess? and angel I'm so glad you are getting sentimental and no in your old age- My Adonis- you are only as young(old) as you feel & you make me feel 16- and in love-and never been kissed till you.
     I'm glad you are the patient type my dear-I'll do my utmost to make it worth while. Do I have a meaning to you? There I go again getting nosey- gimmie a kiss X and a hug X and a kiss X wow-ee Your letter was the sweetest & greatest ever darling- do you know?- You send me??


-3-

    My sweet- I think the POB is a good idea-I sure would hate for any of my letters to appear as evidence- and I don't want any holes in my head either.
     My dearest one- I can't teach you a thing.- even how to terminate a letter- just do as your heart tells you and I'll be very happy- besides I like my nickname (kitten) It makes me feel so little & wanted or something-
      Your letter was postmarked 5 PM the 18th- and the day before was 9 PM- do you see- I always get them the next  day- and oh how I look forward to them-If you enjoy mine dearest- you can imagine how much yours mean to me- after all, I love you 1000 times more-
     I'm so anxious to hear your answer about Sunday- I like what you said about the 2 extra weeks  in this lifetime we could have been together- It's getting so close to the time when our days will be so few & far between- I don't want to  waste a second under any conditions. Believe me Darling- I'll be a good girl & very careful until Monday then- look- out Bob will be playing golf all morning up until 2:30 at least, so  come as

-4-

early as you can- Did I tell you I love you?
     Must stop now & get dinner for Mother & Dad- I wish I could talk to you tonight, but thats life- see you in a little while-
8:30 P.M.
Hi Prescious,
     Dinner is over & the dishes done-Needless to say I thought of your sweet presence the morning you wiped the dishes for me. Mother and I have been having a long discussion about us- Tell you? No, not until I see you. Now who has who guessing?
     I wonder if you are by any chance playing a tune for me now. How I wish I could spend every evening watching & listening to your beautiful music.- It's strange how I can only hear the guitar. Tonight I wish more than anything I could be there when you finish playing.- waiting-!! x x x What's your favorite perfume? I'll buy a gallon & save it for you.
     My writing style is only because I am thinking of you every second and when I sit down to add  more to my letter I feel we are a little closer I'm loathe to end the close feeling I love.

-5-

     I feel I want to tell you everything I do & feel & think- I know it must become very boring for you at times. I also want to know what you do, even the little things- Your letters do make me feel so close to you- I love them Darling. Pause- I just read my last letter over- My darling-No-one has ever thought enough of me to write the way you do. It's another thrill I've never known.- Like so  many other things you have done to me. I know I needn't mention them.
     Well my Norm- I must write to some friends of mine, they must think I've dropped off the face of the earth- funny I don't have much to say to them.- I may go to Pa. next week-end. It's the 15th anniversary of your classes graduation from high school & the class is planning some big goings on- Tell you all about it Monday. If Bob refuses to go I'll pack all my best duds & going in the Chrysler- wow- that will knock them  dead- who cares- I just want to see all my old friends and have a ball for a change. I've seen very little of any of them in the past 13 years. They are all married with kids.- What do I have to show? - Nothing- How can any one person make such a mess of things? It's real easy when you have a bird-brain like me.

-6-

     Maybe the future holds unknown miracles- Who knows?
Well so long - my sweet one- I'm aching to hold you- think about me & miss me- x x x x 
x x x x 
                      I love x
                                you x
                                         so x
                                               "Tenderly"
                                         Your
                                              Gini-


No comments:

Post a Comment