Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Washington DC, April 18, 1956

Mr. Norman (redacted)
C/o The Buddy Rocco 3
the Colonial
Hagerstown, Md

Wednesday-

Hi My Darling,
     Just a short note to tell you I miss you and am thinking of you.- I miss you in everything I do. I hear your voice and feel your caresses at every turn- you are constantly with me. I long to feel the gentle touch of your hand- I long for your kiss, the warmth of your embrace when your strong young body is touching mine. How you set my passionate heart aflame. oh! my darling- how I longed to hold you tight in my arms all night long. I can hardly wait to feel you close to me, and yet I want to hold back the time  a little- because- when that moment comes it will be gone all too soon and I will probably have a long, lonely time until our next meeting. If you come to town Sunday, we can spend the day together too maybe- You really should stay here & save the hotel bill darling. I know I said I wouldn't ask you- I can't bear the thought of you being somewhere else- maybe with someone else.
     Do you like poetry Norman? I am enclosing my most favorite. I never realized how much it expressed how I feel about you.

2

You are my shining star and all that my world means. Please dearest- wait for me.
     I hope I have a letter today- You will have & one tomorrow too- I wont write any more for a while-
     I wish you were going to be in tow Sat nite- would like to see Andres Segovia with you- He is at the Lisner Auditorium. I want so much to share everything with you my darling.
     Well baby- I must go get my duds on and go see if the dealers are as fresh as you say-If they are- I'll tell them I'm very much in love with my Mr. Wonderful, and no one else stands a chance.
     I'll be talking to you soon my heart- I hope you will have real good news for us.
     So long- take care of yourself-

Your own 
       Gini
                      Always

P.S. Try to get a picture for me
P.S. I love you

Your letter just arrived my darling and how I wish I could be with you- Don't be so depressed sweetheart- Maybe things are always blackest just before the dawn- I'm praying for you darling- I should say I have my fingers crossed- that would probably do the trick quicker.
     My dearest- I dread the thought of you going home- now I'm building a case I have no right to. I can't wait to talk once more sweet- there are things you can't even say in letters- I'm not having things easy either- really getting the treatment- Nag, nag- all the time. If I could but hold your sweet face between my hands right now and give you a long slow lingering kiss- all would be right with the world. Life could never be a drudge with you near My darling-
     I thought your tax bill was only 2.00 darling. what happened? Was there a mistake?
     
3

Close your eyes and hold me close my darling- we should be together you and I- The need is there darling-  
     well - I want to write so much more- but you will soon be sick of my chatter- anyway-I want to say them to you personally-
     Keep that handsome chin of yours away up darling- have faith and you'll see things will work out-

Love Ya
   Gini
                 Purrrrr




Norman,

I love you
no only for what you are
but for what I am
when I am with you

I love you 
not only for what
you have made of yourself
But for what  
You are making of me

I love you
for the part of me
that you bring out
I love you 
for putting your hand
into my heaped up heart
and passing over
all the foolish weak things
that you can't help
Dimly seeing there
 and for drawing out
into the light
all the beautiful belongings
that no one else had looked
quite far enough to find
(over)

I love you because you
are helping me to make
of the lumber of my life
not a tavern
but a temple
out of the works
of my every day
not a reproach
but a song

I love you because you have done
more than any creed
could have done
to make me good
and more than any fate
could have done
to make me happy

you have done it
without a touch
without a word
without a sign
you have done it
by being yourself
                                       Purrr






No comments:

Post a Comment